HeLLa Rides - On demand carpool mobile app
Created by Krys Freeman.
I'm a Product Manager in San Francisco, CA. I'm currently freelancing. Previously, I've worked at GreenBiz Group, Sustainable Brands. I earned a B.A. from Occidental College.
I'm making a mobile app that allows commuters to form on-demand carpools.
Benefit to Drivers
Do you currently drive alone over the Bay Bridge during peak hours? >> If you have a FastTrak device, use this app to find and pick up riders, use the HOV (3+) lane to shorten your commute and share toll and gas costs.
Benefit to Riders
Frustrated by busses that show up late (or not at all)? >> Use this app to coordinate with drivers going your way, with the benefit of door to door service, at a fraction of the cost.
Traffic congestion cost Americans 5.5 billion hours of extra time, 2.9 billion gallons of wasted fuel, $121 billion in delay and wasted fuel costs and 56 billion additional pounds of CO2 emissions. Imagine all that we'd gain by avoiding such profound and unnecessary waste.
- Many people who work in San Francisco commute from the East Bay alone
- The volume of single drivers creates a lot of traffic
- Roads are over-taxed with the volume of travelers, and all travelers suffer
- When the BART system is down (or on strike - Summer 2013) these issues are exacerbated
- In the event of an emergency, system blockages such as this can prove very dangerous and costly
I'd like feedback on my assumptions, help ensuring that the app is technically sound, and if possible, would love to collaborate with an iOS AND/OR Ruby on Rails genius who is willing to work side by side to develop the project.
- Increase the number of HOV +3 cars crossing the Bay Bridge during peak commute hours.
- Decrease the amount of time drivers sit at the toll booth, in an effort to improve commute times for all drivers.
Produce a solid interactive mockup for user testing and feedback.
Use that mockup to pitch an iOS developer or helping to create the first iteration of the application.
Build a team of contributors that are interested in helping develop this project over the long term.