Know someone who needs a collaborator like me?
See who your mutual friends are
My Work Samples
Marketing and Launch Plan
APP MARKETING PLAN
App-Oriented Marketing Goals
Rank – Reach (and maintain) a target app store rank, either overall and/or in-category
Downloads – Generate a certain number of app downloads on a daily/weekly/monthly basis
Cost-per-download – Stay below a threshold cost to generate downloads
Loyal user acquisition – Drive downloads from users that make a purchase, use the app repeatedly, or take other actions that support your overall app strategy.
Revenue – Hit targets for revenue generated directly through the app
Organic user acquisition – Acquire a target number of organic users– those who download the app without paid marketing influence
Key performance indicators – Post-download user actions: repeat use, clicks, session length, clicks to online store, in-app purchase, other
Competition – Achieve higher app store rank or more downloads those competitors.
New customer acquisition – Acquire a target number of new customers.
Existing customers – Generate a target number of downloads from existing customers.
Geography – Generate a target number of downloads in key geographies
Velocity – Meet defined metrics within specific timeframes
App Marketing Plan
1. App name: XYZ
2. Platforms (iOS, Android, etc.): 2-3
3. Marketing goals - CPD <= 90; Loyal User percentage ~ 75%; Rank: In top 20; Downloads : 2000+ / month
4. Key performance indicators: In app purchase; Click to Online store, Session length and Repeat Usage
5. Geographies: Bangalore, then may be other cities.
6. Marketing channels (Mobile ad media, PR, social media, etc): Mobile Ad media, Facebook (Organic and Paid posts), SEM, Display ads, email subscription and after a database of 10k emails we go for Email re-targeting.
7. Mobile media channels (Mobile ad networks, incent networks, bidding
exchanges, etc.): Mobile Ad Networks; Bidding exchanges; Incent Bidding (All requiring deep and optimized keyword research and a test budget in start of around Rs 500-1000)
8. Media plan (List ad networks, timeframe, cost structure [CPC, CPI, etc]): Ad Networks at Google Search Ads, Display Ads (both with a test budgets of 60:40 and a time line of 1-2 week and next again with tracked results further investments and optimization) CPI and CPC is also taken with keyword research and test budgets of Rs 500-5000.
9. App store landing pages (Components, creation, responsibilities): Strong Keywords and regularly optimized, Specific content and timely updated if necessary.
10. Marketing attribution and optimization strategy:
First we take up few channels for going into market as news from Quora and Facebook page or Blog with a one page highly catchy website (Eg: Eager Panda).
We build a hype into market that something big is about to launch. We answer to every question related to our domain on Portals like Quora and similar. We even with a team of content writers create some questions related to our product and keep them posted and answer them with a little AMBIGUITY without making them aware of total idea of product but making them stick to the uniqueness of the MYSTERY IDEA.
Next on landing page or homepage as of now Just an Email Subscription field with some ideas of product is given with some tag lines which entice the user (This is what will make our subscribers list increase fast).
Have active information or updates updated on Facebook and Twitter about works going on, inside office views (some cool snaps) and some PR activities like press coverage, or any meetups.
Take help from personal networks and get your idea featured in some influential bloggers portal or posts (with some lines about your upcoming startup and main focus on your venture highlighting you)
Next after a hype created with 10000+ Likes and 10000+ followers with 1000s of quora users following the specific questions, LAUNCH with Facebook Ads and Press releases, Emails (to subscribers), Videos promoted and may be a couple of webinars also will help.
With Launch also, don’t stop interacting with USERS.
Keep posting viral contents and rich graphic contents.
Solutions to the problems faced by people (good Give away part, always shared all through the time)
With pre-launch or post launch get coverage from PR portals, websites, Magazines, Newspapers, Radio and may be some influential blogs or posts.
Next write-ups on Startup idea generation to execution and USPs and vision plan needs to be made to be covered by PR sites making a reputation of incoming Startup.
NOTE: During the hype always keep the product as mystery telling under development phase; yet give them some ideas of what it may help in and how it will out class others.
INTERACT with every post, comment and replies in max 30 mins (Even reach out to them asking to subscribe for better updates)
SEO and Excellent quality content and timely regular posting and mass posting by other interns is a DIRE necessity all a throughout the campaign.
With every created images or info graphics, by interns or team, we can have a back link. (Just have them create own Behance or similar page and get all the info graphics or work uploaded after being posted or used at page promotion and there from we get a good back link)
Technology Usage: Hoot Suite (Social Media posting and few related apps like Social Post, http://socialpilot.co/. Depending upon Budget plans. (For a month 1 social media tool can be used as HUBSPOT which involves complete or almost complete solution from posting to ROI and tracking and SEO levels along with CRM)
For next with a Referral and Viral marketing : Refiral can be taken with a 6 months plans (having any discount strategy which you like to offer for any social media post shared and converted into app download which results into purchase)
CONTENT is KING. So regular posting is needed.
• Facebook: 1-3 post a day (then mass posted) and
• Google+: Integrated Facebook Posts (1-3 posts a day)
• LinkedIn: 2-3 post a week
• Twitter integrated: (2-3posts of Facebook)*3= 9 tweets in rotations
• Blogs: Weekly 3-4 blogs (Again they are spread from other sources on Social Media).
• Quora : 2-3 Answers in a week (Again they are spread from other sources on Social Media).
11. Ad network SDK integration with apps (Requirements, responsibilities): Apps add on other apps
Deep integration is needed to be done
12. Outside vendors: as of now none, but later in near future Refiral (6 months) and may be some affiliate marketing is needed like Ladoo, etc.
13. Localization/translation: App might have any local language feature or so with Ads depending upon user searches.
14. Measurement and reporting (What is being measured, how, frequency): Visits, Clicks, Downloads, Session time, returning visitors and bounce rates.
15. Budget: Rs 1.3-1.5 Lkh (though a low budged keeping [aid ads in mind , yet with SEO and PR coverages downloads can be boosted.
16. Timeline: 3- 6 months (1st month heavy PR activity like Eager panda, 2nd month before launch, more startups PR news site coverage and blogs coverage about tech and logistics as USP and some ads on Facebook; 3rd month as final for launch flow of videos of product and creative and write-ups are flown and posted on portals and social media and email marketing is used on small scale.)
Team required: Content team (3 members); Design team (2 members); PR and Social Media Team (2 members); Research team (1 member and rest are invited to provide input); SEO (1 + 1 dedicated guys)
Content: Create Posts, Tweets, and Blogs, Startups story, Brand story, Portal answers and Quora Q&A.
Design: Images, Landing pages, Info-graphics, Blog creative and some frameworks.
Social Media Team (1+1): Shoutouts on SM, Regular postings of content, Blog publicity, Getting in touch with content team for interactive posts and replies accordingly on forums, creates a buzz all around media, connecting to PR and Portals for featuring App.
Research Team: Which portal, which PR, what websites, which platform for SM posting, What themes of post, Analytics, and tracking, Optimization and modification or updating suggestions.
SEO: With content and graphics and SM team he will ensure right keywords to be included in contents, IMG alt tag description, Backlinks generation, Link building, APP store optimization, Landing Page Optimization, Keyword optimization.
a) Facebook: First paid advertisements and Mass postings of Product and technology related content till 20000+likes.
(Multiple other secret strategies are there, which can be discussed over Skype)
b) Google+: All organic posts just to have better SEO done.
c) Twitter: Hype creation and good content shared from blogs.
d) Blogs: should have features of every line can be shared on SM with link to blog. (Optimized by keywords and even extra indication of keyword having lines to be highlighted to encourage particular shares in social media)
e) Product writers are to be contacted to write about the product on different platforms and on their blogs and backlinks are generated.
f) LinkedIn: Only reputed posts are shared.
g) KEY WORDS and Google Adwords: tested with Test budgets and some pool or most nearly matching test keywords. And then tracked their performance.
h) Referral and Viral marketing: done after 15 days of heavy publicity and likes above 5000 on Facebook and loyal user’s visit of at least 100 a day.
i) Affiliate Marketing and Email Marketing are to be done after 1 month with an apt database and Social Media reputation being built.
j) Email Marketing software: Mail chimp is best or else Aweber.
CONTENT MARKETING CHALLENGES:
1. Creating outstanding, engaging shareable content.
2. Making your content visible on the first page in Google using SEO.
3. Researching which content your audience personas need and will share
4. Using content to convert to lead and sale.
5. Getting creative to find the content that resonates with your audience.
6. Creating the best quality creative and formats.
7. Planning an editorial calendar.
8. Planning integrated content distribution campaigns across paid, owned and earned media.
9. Outreach to influencers and partners to increase sharing of content.
10. Evaluating Content ROI using analytics.
Key Graphic above Fold,
1 sentence explainer (What is your product and what does it do? )
Include trust symbols
Call-to-action buttons (.Call to action never out of sight.)
How it works section (3 easy steps)
3 – 20 testimonials, sprinkled through out the website funnel or landing page. (May be a slider if more than 2-3 are used)
List out the top 3-6 benefits of the product.
3rd party credibility boosters (i.e. logos or clients or famous people / brands) – for example, can you quote any case studies where a famous brand may have been mentioned using a technique very similar to what your product or service offers?
On exit pop-up
Tell a story (either in your video or somewhere in your funnel / landing page. Stories are memorable, and there are a number of case studies that show they work to increase conversions.)
Include an FAQ section
Contact form or an on-page button to a pop-up contact form.
Live chat option on the pricing or checkout page (if possible, as they should be able to reach you instantly!)
Social proof through social media (Show the faces of real people who are following your brand on Facebook and Twitter and how many fans / followers you have (assuming it’s something substantial i.e. 1000+). However, don’t use certain social media buttons that encourage users to click over to those social networks and leave your website )
Some Key factors to be tracked, analyzed and modified timely :
3 Key Factors
1. Keyword Relevance: Crafting relevant PPC – keyword lists, tight keyword groups, and proper ad text.
2. Landing Page Quality: Creating optimized landing pages with persuasive, relevant content and a clear call-to-action, tailored to specific search queries.
3. Quality Score: Quality Score is Google’s rating of the quality and relevance of your keywords, landing pages, and PPC campaigns. Advertisers with better Quality Scores get more ad clicks at lower costs.
(Total Clicks on Ad) / (Total Impressions) = Click Through Rate
Click-through rate is important to your account because it directly affects your Quality Score. Google AdWords and other search marketing platforms offer pricing discounts for ads that offer high relevance (read: make searchers happy).
One means for doing this is to offer higher Quality Scores to ads with high AdWords click-through rates:
• High click-through rates lead to high Quality Scores.
• High Quality Scores allow you to improve or maintain ad position for lower costs.
How to Measure Conversion Rate: (Form Submissions + Tracked Calls + Tracked Emails)/(Total Website Visitors) = Conversion Rate
How to Measure dmROI: (Total Revenue Attributed to Digital – Total Cost of Digital Marketing)/(Total Cost of Digital Marketing)
How to Measure Cost Per Lead: (Total Spent on Campaign)/(Total # of Leads) [note: do this for each source]
How to Measure Revenue per Lead: (Total Attributable Revenue)/(Total # of Leads) [note: do this for each source]
How to Measure % Sales from Digital: (Total Revenue Attributed from Digital)/(Total Monthly Sales)
Additional values for KPIs:
My Work Experience
- Currently Freelancing